- RSS Channel Showcase 6884294
- RSS Channel Showcase 9320816
- RSS Channel Showcase 5634284
- RSS Channel Showcase 1023709
Articles on this Page
- 08/27/18--16:59: _September 9: Welcom...
- 09/19/18--16:52: _Youth-Led Fall Clot...
- 09/21/18--10:11: _A Delightful Welcom...
- 09/21/18--11:21: _Boulder Pridefest 2018
- 10/16/18--14:37: _We Support Bishop K...
- 10/28/18--12:54: _Two Volunteer Oppor...
- 10/28/18--13:09: _11/2: First Friday ...
- 11/08/18--13:04: _Responding to the T...
- 12/03/18--23:00: _Tuesday, December 4
- 12/04/18--23:00: _Wednesday, December 5
- 12/05/18--23:00: _Thursday, December 6
- 12/06/18--23:00: _Friday, December 7
- 12/07/18--23:00: _Saturday, December 8
- 12/08/18--23:00: _Advent: Introductio...
- 12/08/18--23:00: _Sunday, December 9
- 12/09/18--23:00: _Monday, December 10
- 12/10/18--23:00: _Tuesday, December 11
- 12/11/18--23:00: _Wednesday, December 12
- 08/27/18--16:59: September 9: Welcome Home Sunday and Boulder Pridefest
- 09/19/18--16:52: Youth-Led Fall Clothing Drive
- 09/21/18--10:11: A Delightful Welcome Home Sunday
- 09/21/18--11:21: Boulder Pridefest 2018
- 10/16/18--14:37: We Support Bishop Karen Oliveto
- 11/08/18--13:04: Responding to the Tree of Life Synagogue Shooting
- 12/03/18--23:00: Tuesday, December 4
- 12/04/18--23:00: Wednesday, December 5
- 12/05/18--23:00: Thursday, December 6
- 12/06/18--23:00: Friday, December 7
- 12/07/18--23:00: Saturday, December 8
- 12/08/18--23:00: Advent: Introduction to Week 2 Devotions
- 12/08/18--23:00: Sunday, December 9
- 12/09/18--23:00: Monday, December 10
- 12/10/18--23:00: Tuesday, December 11
- 12/11/18--23:00: Wednesday, December 12
Welcome Home Sunday is September 9! This special Sunday is the first day of our new children’s Sunday School year (new curriculum this year!) and is also our Chancel Choir’s first Sunday back after their summer break. After church, we’ll have an ice cream social on the patio. Here is the schedule for this special […]
The post September 9: Welcome Home Sunday and Boulder Pridefest appeared first on First United Methodist Church.
As the seasons change, many folks do some closet cleaning. If you come across like-new clothes you no longer need, please consider bringing them to church for the Fall Clothing Drive, organized by our youth. The youth group is, once again, collecting new and slightly-used WARM clothing to bring to the Nederland Clothes Closet/Food Pantry […]
Welcome Home Sunday was September 9, 2018! This special Sunday was the first day of our new children’s Sunday School year (new curriculum and schedule this year!) and was also our Chancel Choir’s first Sunday back after their summer break. After church, we all enjoyed an ice cream social on the patio. The weather was […]
We were delighted to participate in the 2018 Boulder Pridefest celebration in Central Park on Sunday, September 9, 2018. Our friends at Out Boulder County worked so hard to organize this event, and it was spectacular! The weather was beautiful, the entertainment was excellent, the food trucks were yummy, and the wide array of vendors […]
We at First United Methodist Church of Boulder are very grateful for the vision, passion, and dedication that our Bishop, the Rev. Karen Oliveto, brings to the Mountain Sky Conference. We created a special video to show our support for Bishop Karen.
It’s that time of year again! Every autumn, folks from FUMC Boulder help out our friends at Community Food Share by collecting food at King Soopers, and then gathering later in the month at Community Food Share’s warehouse to help sort all the collected food! Community Food Share is Boulder and Broomfield Counties’ largest food […]
The post Two Volunteer Opportunities in November to Support Community Food Share appeared first on First United Methodist Church.
Come and see The Dress Series: Personal Narratives, a fiber art exhibit by artist-in-residence and longtime FUMC member Barbara Olson! The Dress Series will hang in our sanctuary gallery through January 27, 2019. To learn more about Barbara and her work, visit her website. There will be a First Friday reception celebrating The Dress […]
The shooting at the Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh horrified and saddened our church community. The following message and blessing was mailed to Boulder-area synagogues and Jewish community centers. FUMC members Jean Hodges and Barbara Middleton authored the letter, and our Deacon, Rosalee Blake, wrote the blessing. “Do not be daunted by the […]
Expressing Gratitude: Civility and Human Rights Scripture: Luke 21:25 “There will be signs in the sun, the moon, and the stars, and on the earth distress among nations confused by the roaring of the sea and the waves.” Still, in the 21st century, like in the first century, the power of nature humbles us. Climactic […]
Expressing Gratitude: Civility and Human Rights Scripture: James 1:17 “Every generous act of giving, with every perfect gift, is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.” A month or so after I moved to Boulder, I met a woman through a weekly […]
Expressing Gratitude: Civility and Human Rights Scripture: Luke 21:33 “Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.” Our world is in constant change and yet we long for something that remains constant. Jesus’ teachings are examples of words that have not passed away. The message to live with love and […]
Expressing Gratitude: Civility and Human Rights Scripture: 1 Thessalonians 3:12 “And may the Lord make you increase and abound in love for one another and for all, just as we abound in love for you.” One of my favorite sources of wisdom comes from Anne Lamott who said, “All truth is a paradox.” I now […]
Expressing Gratitude: Civility and Human Rights Scripture: Psalm 25:5 “Lead me in your truth, and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all day long.” We are living in turbulent times, and a time of profound changes affecting our lives. There are increased hate crimes, suppression of opposing […]
Experiencing God as Light: Immigration There are moments when I find it quite hard to think about the juxtaposition of experiencing God as Light and the complex and long-standing issues of immigration. When I think about God as Light—when I feel what this is like in my body—I think of the warmth of the sun, […]
Experiencing God as Light: Immigration Scripture: Malachi 3:1 “See, I am sending my messenger to prepare the way before me, and the Lord whom you seek will suddenly come to his temple. The messenger of the covenant in whom you delight—indeed, he is coming, says the Lord of hosts.” The Bible is the ultimate immigration […]
Experiencing God as Light: Immigration Scripture: Ephesians 5:8–9 “For once you were darkness, but now in the Lord you are light. Live as children of light — for the fruit of the light is found in all that is good and right and true.” The families walk. A father with a toddler on his back, […]
Experiencing God as Light: Immigration Scripture: Luke 3:4 “[A]s it is written in the book of the words of the prophet Isaiah, ‘The voice of One crying out in the wilderness: ‘Prepare the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.'” In the United States we are mostly all immigrants whose ancestors came here to […]
Experiencing God as Light: Immigration Scripture: 1 John 1:5 “This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light and in him there is no darkness at all.” Dick and I are both avid genealogists. We have traced our heritage back to the early 1600’s when our ancestors […]